[XeTeX] RTL Arabic footnotes + line numbers for critical edition

Bernd Carl mlist at gmx.de
Wed Jun 22 15:52:20 CEST 2005

Footnoted in ArabTex do definitly not work. At least that's an official
statement made by Prof. Lagally, the Author of ArabTex (I hope he is
still working on it)
In Xetex I tried a regular footnote in Arabic text. I placed a footnote
inside the Arabic example the Xetex distro is bundled with.
I certainly won't stard my edition without knowing for sure that
footnotes work. Something like ednotes or ledmac would be the best
solution but plain footnotes are okay too.
Bernd.