[XeTeX] Patch for maths in fontspec

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Jun 20 16:34:13 CEST 2005

On Jun 20, 2005, at 8:30 AM, Will Robertson wrote:

> On 20 Jun 2005, at 10:35 AM, Will Robertson wrote:
>

>>   \ifzf at math@package\else
>>   \fi
>>

> Okay, my patch worked if you weren't using a different maths font,
> because those two lines above prevented the code from running if
> euler.sty or lucbmath.sty had taken over.
>
> If you remove those two lines from the patch (the first and last),
> then things *might* work, but then again, euler and lucbmath might
> not then behave exactly as expected.
>
> Maths in LaTeX seems to be built like a card tower...just a little
> sneeze, and everything falls down. We might have to end up writing
> custom maths font packages.
>
> I'm still confused where things are broken, though.
>
> Will

Howdy,

Well it MOSTLY worked by commenting out the \if and corresponding
\fi. If I called up the lucbmath package with

\usepackage[expert,vargreek,lucidasmallscale]{lucbmath}

before the

\usepackage{fontspec,xunicode}

I get an error that \colon has already been defined. If I reverse the
order then a get a series of messages that other things have already
been defined. In either case using \setromanfont[...]{Hoefler Text}
before the \begin{document} still ends up with a correct document.
I'll have to look more carefully to tell if, in fact, Hoefler is
being used as the math alphabet font but that certainly is secondary
for me right now.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest.com)