[XeTeX] Defining fonts for table columns in XeLaTeX

Will Robertson will at guerilla.net.au
Sun Jun 19 23:32:47 CEST 2005

On 20 Jun 2005, at 6:47 AM, Pavel Straňák wrote:

> I am trying to typeset a vocabulary with 3-column tables of
> Chinese, Pinyin and Czech. For each column I want to use a diferent
> font (in all tables). When I define custom columns (see below), I
> end up with following error.
>
>> [10]
>> ! Font \zf at fonttwo=Gentium Italic/B at 10.0pt not loaded: Not
>> enough room left.

Hi Pavel,

Running your minimal example I don't see an error.
However, if your document is really long you might be running into
some fontspec limitations due to all your callings of \fontspec
through commands such as:
    \newcommand{\fs}{\fontspec[Bold=STHeiti]{STFangsong}}

To make this more efficient, try using instead:
    \newfontinstance\fs[Bold=STHeiti]{STFangsong}

And so on for the other font declarations you have.
I hope this helps! If not, ask again :)

Will