[XeTeX] fontspec v1.7

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Sat Jun 18 15:59:15 CEST 2005

On Jun 18, 2005, at 4:13 AM, Will Robertson wrote:

> Hello,
>
> The latest version of the fontspec package has been uploaded to
> CTAN. Expect to see it there as soon as the CTAN team can make it
> public.
>
> Changes:
>  - There are a bunch of new options supported (mostly to do with
> various Japanese/Asian fonts), with yet more examples in the
> documentation.
>  - Unfortunately, there have been some backwards-incompatible
> changes to a couple of the font features and options, so be on the
> lookout when you upgrade if you've made extensive use of such
> things. Sorry about that.
>  - Optical size is now supported for both OpenType and Multiple
> Master fonts.
>  - The bug that Bruno reported a little while ago is fixed.
>  - Probably some other stuff, too!
>
> The documentation loads VERY slowly in Tiger's Preview.app for some
> reason, so it's on my list to create a stripped down version
> without all the different examples in different fonts.
>
> Problems, etc., please report here.
> After any short-term problems are dealt with, I won't be updating
> fontspec too much (if you couldn't tell from how long this release
> took!). Further architectural changes require a fairly significant
> re-write that I probably don't have time to do...and I'd like to
> concentrate my extra energy towards more general MacTeX stuff if I
> get the chance. I've got a roadmap, but I'll be taking a detour
> before I head down it.
>
> Good luck!
>
> Will

Howdy,

I still have problems if I use a non-default maths font (i.e., euler)
and \setromanfont[...]{...} before the \begin{document}. No .pdf file
is generated. Sample code is below:

%!TEX TS-program = xelatex
%!TEX encoding = UTF-8 Unicode
\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{amsmath}
\usepackage{euler}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\usepackage{xunicode}
\defaultfontfeatures{Mapping=tex-text}
\setromanfont[Numbers=Lining,Scale=1.05]{Hoefler Text}

\begin{document}
%\setromanfont[Numbers=Lining,Scale=1.05]{Hoefler Text}

Here is an Upper Case Gamma: \(\Gamma\)!

Here are some more: \(\{\), \(\}\), \(\land\), \(\lor\),
\(\aleph\), and \(\neg\).

How about a math accent: \(\dot x = \ddot x\).

\end{document}

If I \setromanfont[...]{...} after the \begin{document} all is well.
I assume then that maths interaction is still a problem that can be
worked around. I wish I really understood how maths fonts interacted
with the rest of the system; I'd really like to help out solving the
problem.

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest.com)