[XeTeX] XeTeX news

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Fri Jun 17 21:13:54 CEST 2005

All -

Just a note for anyone who is interested: the XeTeX downloads page at
http://scripts.sil.org/xetex has just been updated to indicate that
XeTeX is now available under the Common Public License, one of the
well-known free, open source software licenses.

The source repository is accessible via Subversion at svn://
scripts.sil.org/xetex/TRUNK, for any keen programmers out there. Note
that downloading the source will not (yet) give you a completely
ready-to-compile setup, however; I think it is somewhat dependent on
the particular environment on my machine. There's work to do yet.... :)

Also, I've uploaded a PDF copy of the slides I used for the
Introduction to XeTeX presentation at PracTeX--though I suspect most
people on this mailing list already know what XeTeX is about!