[XeTeX] Chinese: vertical typsetting, pinyin tones, and Japanese macrons?

Pavel Straňák stranak at ufal.ms.mff.cuni.cz
Fri Jul 15 10:08:51 CEST 2005

Hello Roger,
you can also use Ross's excelent package xunicode and type m\={a}, m
I also prefer traditional acute and grave for the second and fourth
tone marks, even though I am not sure it is correct.

Regards
Pavel

PS: Cyril, it seems you use the caron for the third tone. I believe
it should be marked by breve, but I might be wrong.