[XeTeX] Arabic-Persian sample with XeConTeXt

Otared Kavian otared at wanadoo.fr
Sun Jul 3 01:35:07 CEST 2005

At 10:02 -0500 2/07/05, Frederick Hoyt wrote:
>Hi Otared,
>
>I have been very interested in using XeTeX for Arabic script in
>conTeXt. However, my attempts at doing this have all failed, mainly
>because I don't understand how the XeTeX font declarations should
>work inside the preamble of a conTeXt document.
>
>So, like Musa, I would be very interested in seeing a sample
>document, if you would be willing to share.
>
>Best,
>
>Fred Hoyt

Hi Fred, Hi Musa,

PLease find attached a sample file where Arabic and Persian are
written with XeTeX and ConTeXt (XeConTeXt...).
I have tried a few ConteXt features which work fine with Arabic and
Persian script, and I think almost everything can be adapted once one
has in mind that "right" becomes "left" and vice versa...

One more thing: I wish I could use properly, that is in the elegant
ConTeXt-ish way, such commands like \setupbodyfont[...] and other
font related things. But at this point I am not good at handling
fonts...

Best regards: OK