[XeTeX] Arabic prose

Musa Furber musaf at runbox.com
Fri Jul 1 17:45:56 CEST 2005

On Jul 1, 2005, at 5:23 PM, Bernd wrote:

> Sorry, not prose, I meant poetry.
> I'm trying to make one of Abu Nuwas' poems look like a poem.

Did you one of Peter Wilson's various packages? memoir does itself does
verse.

The ArabTeX package includes code for doing poetry; perhaps you could
just adapt it for XeLaTeX.

My guess, though, is that you might have some difficulty getting
automatic inter-letter stretching so that all lines end up being the
same length. Mellel does this. I'm not sure what they use to do it;
perhaps the ARABIC TATWEEL or a shorter version of it. Hey, this sounds
like a fun macro for someone [else] to write. :-)

Regards,
Musa