[XeTeX] Unicode/font mixing

Simon Spiegel simon at simifilm.ch
Mon Jan 24 14:51:53 CET 2005

Hi,

I already posted a similar question on the regular OSX LaTeX mailing
list, but I thought maybe a post here would be useful as well. To make
it short: Is it possible to have a font only for a certain part of the
Unicode encoding? Can I, for example, use Adobe Garamond Pro for the
Latin encodings, and Times Roman for Cyrillic and Hebrew? I know that i
can switch the fonts by hand, but can I setup XeLaTeX in a way that it
automatically switches to another font with more glyphs if the first
font isn't able to display everything?

TIA

simon
--