[XeTeX] Minor problem with kerning in Ezra SIL (Hebrew)

Robert Voogdgeert rvoogdgeert at kabelfoon.nl
Tue Jan 18 17:53:15 CET 2005

Dear XeTeX-users,

I'm still experiencing a kerning problem with the OTF, Ezra SIL.
Although this font does the best job when typesetting Hebrew texts with
vowel signs and cantilation marks, the kerning of the so-called
`dagesh-forte' inside specific consonants is not as it should be. The
same problem occurs when the font is used in TextEdit, so possibly the
problem is font-related and not xetex-related. But this seemed to be the
right place to start. Maybe Jonathan knows who I should contact?

I included a minimale example, in which both Ezra SIL and Lucida Grande
are used.

Regards,
Robert.