[XeTeX] Color management

Christophe DAMAS christophe.damas at wanadoo.fr
Tue Jan 11 19:54:02 CET 2005

In the documentation of XeTeX I've seen that colors in XeTeX are
managed using RGB model. But this model is not used in the art of
printing and it can cause some crash during RIP process. The only model
that works fine with printing is the CMYK model. I had experienced
theses problems  with some figures produced by metapost (where colors
where described in RGB) : it was not possible to RIP the figures, and
the printer refused my publication :  I had to write a special script
to transform all (x y z setrgbcolor)  in (t u v w setcmykcolor)  in the
postscript code.  Il you want to be sure that PDF file can be used for
printing process, color should be described in CMYK. RBG model is more
suitable for color management in HTML documents.

Perhaps there is a way to use CMYK model in XeTeX ? But it's important
that colors in the PDF file be described using CMYK model.