Re: [XeTeX] o/ or O/ goes to ø or Ø (oslash or Oslash)

Will Robertson will at guerilla.net.au
Sun Feb 27 12:45:38 CET 2005

On 25 Feb 2005, at 11:58 PM, Jonathan Kew wrote:

> I've seen this before, and IIRC it seems to be a ligature in the
> Hoefler AAT tables that for some reason can't be turned off. I'd
> consider it an Apple font bug. (If you have the Developer Tools
> installed, you can run WorldText and see the same thing happen there.)

How irritating!

In the meantime, looking in FontForge it seems that this feature is
part of the "Show Diacritics" options which, as mentioned, don't seem
to be able to be turned off. Palatino has the same feature (which again
doesn't work in TextEdit but does in WorldText), but this one *can* be
turned off.

Could a font mapping fix the problem by inserting a zero width
character in between the problem characters? Or would this only work in
fonts that actually have this "glyph"?

Will