XeTeX 0.9 : \usepackage[xetex]{graphicx}

Yves Codet ycodet at club-internet.fr
Fri Feb 25 18:19:51 CET 2005

Le 25 févr. 05, à 09:13, Bruno Voisin a écrit :

Hello.

>> BTW, with XeTeX 0.9 (with the i-Installer install), texmf.cnf needs
>> to be changed to reflect the changes in the XeTeX tree:
>>
>> TEXINPUTS.xelatex = .;$TEXMF/{xetex,tex}/{xetex,latex,generic,}//
>>
>> must be changed to
>>
>> TEXINPUTS.xelatex = .;$TEXMF/{xetex,tex}/{xelatex,latex,generic,}//
>>
>> Namely, change at least the second xetex to xelatex.
>
> But when that is done, people also need to change the organization of
> their custom XeTeX directories, inside
> /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local or ~/Library/texmf, where they have
> possibly installed fontspec.sty, utf8accents.sty, local graphics.cfg
> and color.cfg containg \ExecuteOptions{xetex}, etc., to reflect the
> new search path.

I just installed XeTeX 0.9 and apparently everything is found (among
other things "fontspec" and "utf8accents") without my having to edit
"texmf.cnf", but I'll do it if you recommend it.

I'm afraid I don't understand the above code ("TEXINPUTS.xelatex =
.;$TEXMF/{xetex,tex}/{xelatex,latex,generic,}//"). Would it be possible
to have a description of what the tree in ~/Library/texmf should look
like?

Another ignorant question: can "osxenc" package be discarded now?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Yves