[XeTeX] XeTeX 0.9 and utf8accents.sty

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Fri Feb 25 17:25:42 CET 2005

Le 25 févr. 05, à 16:30, Ross Moore a écrit :

> However, I might as well fix the other things too,
> according to the discuss last week, or whenever it was.
>
> That is, ...
>
>  ... I can make \~{} give the accent character  Ux0C2D
>  (as \textasciitilde  gives now )
> and make  \textasciitilde  give the full-size tilde  Ux00E7 .
>
> This way both tilde characters are accessible.
> Do you agree that this is the best approach ?

I do. The name \textasciitilde itself, and the fact there is a separate
command \~, seems to indicate that \textsciitilde (and similarly
\texasciicircum and possibly the other commands from section 3.14 of
usrguide.dvi) is meant to be used as a full-size character, and \~ as
an accent character. It's only the absence of the former in CMR that
has led to defining it based on the latter, apparently.

Bruno