[XeTeX] XeTeX 0.9 and utf8accents.sty

Ross Moore ross at ics.mq.edu.au
Fri Feb 25 14:43:12 CET 2005

Hi Bruno,

On 25/02/2005, at 10:56 PM, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Has anybody noticed any incompatibility between XeTeX 0.9 and
> utf8accents.sty. In a letter I'm writing, as soon as the later package
> is included I get an error:
>
> 	! Missing \cr inserted.
> 	<inserted text>
> 	                \cr
> 	l.102 \end{letter}
>
> Some the error appears as:
>
> 	! Missing \endcsname inserted.
> 	<to be read again>
> 	                   \char
> 	l.116 \end{letter}

Try setting
    \errorcontextlines=20

in the header, or after  \begin{document} .

That way the error will cause a lot more of its context
to be shown. Hopefully 20 is sufficient to reveal what
is getting out-of-whack. You can always make it more
if there's more to be seen.

Send the console log to me, and Jonathan.

LaTeX sets this parameter to 0 or 1, which makes
most such TeX error messages next to useless.
On the other hand, the longer messages are arguably
just as bad, until you have gained some experience
in deciphering their meaning.

Cheers

	Ross

Ross Moore                                         ross at maths.mq.edu.au
Sydney, Australia                                  fax: +61 +2 9850 8114