XeTeX 0.9 : \usepackage[xetex]{graphicx}

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Thu Feb 24 22:49:16 CET 2005

Le 24 févr. 05, à 20:26, Alan Curtis a écrit :

>  \usepackage[xetex]{graphicx} does not work anymore on an old file I
> have just reprocessed.
>
> I get this error.
>
> ! LaTeX Error: Unknown option `xetex' for package `graphics'.

It turns out, after installing XeTeX 0.9, that the directory
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf.local/tex/xetex/ does not contain the
required files:

color.sty
graphics.sty
xelatex.ini
xetex.def
xetex.ini
xplain.tex

Hence the error message you're getting.

Instead there's now in this directory the single file:

unicode-letters.tex

which is just a new name for xplain.tex.

I noticed this by making a copy of texmf.local corresponding to XeTeX
0.88, before installing 0.9. Generally the changes in support files
are, directory-wise, inside texmf.local:

fonts/misc -> fonts/xetex
fonts/otf  deleted
tex/xetex  unchanged
xetex/perl -> scripts/perl

which is all the better for TDS-compliance.

Bruno Voisin