[XeTeX] Turning off an AAT font feature

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Thu Feb 24 17:27:35 CET 2005

Le 24 févr. 05, à 17:15, Stephen Moye a écrit :

> My Hoefler Text Italic seems to have initial and final swash
> characters 'on' by default. What is the mechanism for turning off an
> AAT font feature?

In LaTeX you would use declarations like:

\DeclareFontShape{U}{hoeftxt}{m}{it}
   {<-> "Hoefler\space Text\space Italic:mapping=tex-text;
           Smart\space Swashes=!Line\space Final\space Swashes,
                               !Line\space Initial\space Swashes;
           Number\space Case=Uppercase\space Numbers
        "}{}

fontspec.sty probably has a nicer mechanism for performing this without
your having to know how this needs to be worded.

Bruno Voisin