[XeTeX] Lucida Math Opentype

Will Robertson will at guerilla.net.au
Tue Feb 22 15:32:18 CET 2005

On 23 Feb 2005, at 12:02 AM, William F. Adams wrote:

> Just out of curiousity, anyone else have this?
>
> I've been wondering if it'd be feasible to create something like a
> ``utf8math.sty'' and ``lucidamathOT'' package set which would enable
> one to use it.
>
> Jonathan, unless you can think of a specific road block up front I'm
> going to try experimenting with it.

I think that provided you write the necessary macros to duplicate the
\DeclareMathFont etc etc into accepting unicode-range input, then
you're okay. It doesn't work out of the box as I discovered long ago
(see example appended at end).

But some time in the future, something along these lines definitely
needs to be done in order to cater for the STIX fonts. (That would be a
great press release to be able to say that they work immediately out of
the box as soon as the fonts were released :))

I'll be very interested to see what you create!
Such developments have application to all extensions of TeX that have
the capability to handle unicode fonts.

Ciao,
Will

-------------------

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{fontspec}

\setromanfont{Lucida Grande}
% yes, this is bad. just the first unicode font that came to mind...

\AtBeginDocument{% required because of fontspec tomfoolery
   \DeclareSymbolFont{unimath}{U}{\rmdefault}{m}{n}
   \DeclareMathSymbol{\Gamma}{\mathord}{unimath}{"0393}
}

\begin{document}

This is Lucida Grande.

Char test: \char "0393