[XeTeX] Making a .fmt file using XeTeX

Stephen Moye stephenmoye at mac.com
Sat Feb 19 13:27:08 CET 2005

I seem to have solved the font problem.

I have successfully created the XGenealogue.xfmt file and placed it in the appropriate place. I actually got it to work on the command line once on a test file, but when I reran it on a real file I got the [][][][][][][][][]... error. Do I have to edit the texmf.cnf file for this new .xfmt file? I thought I'd check this before mucking about.

I did a 'sudo texhash' after placing but kpsewhich does not seem to know about XGenealogue.xfmt. Should I be doing something else?

Additionally, I seem to have a TeXShop error on my hands -- I created an engine called Genealogue.engine (checked permissions, owner and group -- all the same as the other engines -- and for utf-8) but get this error in the console:

2005-02-19 07:23:15.866 TeXShop[847] *** NSTask: Task create for path /Users/smoye/Library/TeXShop/Engines/Genealogue.engine failed: 2, "No such file or directory".

I can see the file and it shows up correctly in the terminal. The other engines perform as expected.

Thanks for all the help so far -- just a few more hurdles...

Stephen Moye