[XeTeX] Newline breakes XeLaTeX

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Thu Feb 17 17:50:07 CET 2005

Le 17 févr. 05, à 17:34, Simon Spiegel a écrit :

> problem is \newline, if I remove it, everything works fine. If my
> memory doesn't fail me this used to run, some update must have ruined
> it, although I don't know which one. I currently have a TL2004 tetex3
> setup.

Works here (TL2005). Did you apply that patch to texmf.cnf (pasted from
a message by Jonathan Kew):

> Edit the file:
>
> 	/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf
>
> (you may need to "sudo pico ..." or whatever your favorite editor is),
> look for the "Memory" section, and add the lines:
>
> 	extra_mem_bot.xetex = 0
> 	extra_mem_bot.xelatex = 0

You may edit instead the file /usr/local/teTeX/texmf.cnf, which will
survive a TeX i-Package update. It may be that you had edited
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf, but then installed a
newer TeX, and that has erased your modified
/usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf.

Bruno Voisin