[XeTeX] BiBdesk / BiBTeX

Martin Henning martin at easy2design.de
Mon Dec 19 08:40:41 CET 2005

On Dec 18, 2005, at 11:17 PM, musa furber wrote:

> %%% begin previewtemplate.tex
>
> \documentclass[letterpaper]{article}
>
> %%% The next four lines are for XeTeX; we use Lucida Grande for the
> default (Roman) font, and Gill Sans for
> %%% the sans-serif font.  Lucida Grande is a good choice if you
> need a wide variety of characters.
>
> \usepackage{fontspec}
> \defaultfontfeatures{Mapping=tex-text}
> \setromanfont{Lucida Grande}
> \setsansfont[Scale=0.94]{Gill Sans}
>
> %%% The remainder of the file is standard BibDesk stuff, and should
> be left alone
> \pagestyle{empty}
> \textwidth = 6.5in
> \voffset = -105pt
> \hoffset = -120pt
> \usepackage{natbib}
> %\usepackage{harvard}
> \renewcommand{\refname}{}
>
> \begin{document}
> \nocite{*}
> \bibliography{<<File>>}
> \bibliographystyle{<<Style>>}
> \end{document}
>
> %%% end

thank you musa, i will try that asap - what i did first: i copied the
stuff from the template to my document, which is being processed by
xelatex anyway... just to get the right commands... so now i'm using
package natbib, put in style and reference to the .bib-file: doesn't
work! the output says, that he is looking vor a .bbl-file? never
heard of bbl-files, though :)

Package natbib Warning: Citation `can_gen_ru' on page 2 undefined on
input line
3.

) [2]
No file pican.bbl.

Package natbib Warning: There were undefined citations.

any suggestions? the path i give in \bibliography is most certainly
right, since i placed the .bib-file in the same folder. tried path
with and without file.extension, but it doesn't help. on OS X TeX
list i read (in archives..) something about setting paths for BiBTeX,
but it seems to me that this is only for people who want bibtex to
find stuff automaticallyy without having to type the path name "all
the time" - yes?

slightly insecure greetings,

--
Martin Henning