[XeTeX] BiBdesk / BiBTeX

Martin Henning martin at easy2design.de
Sun Dec 18 21:08:18 CET 2005

Holà,

just downloaded BiBDesk for my next paper... Unfortunately it will be
a mixture of Russian, German and English, so it will have to be
unicode :) Therefore as usual: XeTeX. Anyone here using this setup?
Does the preview feature work for you? It seems to me, that i can't
get the paths right :/ Also i got errors because of the automatic
conversion of accents into TeX - disabled it, thinking unicode/XeTeX
will handle it anyway - my assumption right? I would greatly
appreciate some hints on using BiBTeX/Desk, since i never did it
before - not even with non-Unicode :)
I also searched vor some russian document classes, like KOMA for
german - though couldn't find any. I'm sure Russia has some special
conventions for university papers and scientific stuff in general,
too - does anyone know? How about the BiBTeX style? My Professor is a
big MS Office fan and doesn't know anything about TeX... Last week i
introduced him to eagle3d and POVray stuff and he was very
impressed... very weird. In some respects you find leading technology
in Russia, in other respects they work like 1990... errrm... Sorry
for the off-topic-excurs into russian society :)

Greetings from moscow,

--
Martin Henning
martin at easy2design.de