[XeTeX] XeTeX+Tiger+OpenType bug

Will Robertson will at guerilla.net.au
Fri Aug 12 11:15:56 CEST 2005

12 Aug 2005, 6:00 PM - Bruno Voisin wrote:

> No luck: there doesn't seem to be any reproducible pattern. In case
> that would be specific to Apple Symbols, could it be triggered by
> the absence of alphabetic characters?

I think so. There's even the possibility that it's a Mac OS X bug,
rather than XeTeX, but without learning Cocoa and looking at the
XeTeX sources (as much as I'd like to), I'll have the leave the
problem here.

> I don't know whether that has any relevance to the OpenType fonts.
> I have no such font to test for (is there any OpenType font shipped
> with OS X?). Was it the same error message that you were getting
> with Minion Pro?

It's the same error message, yeah. The Japanese fonts that start with
"Hiragino" are both OpenType AND AAT fonts, so that's the closest
that we get from Mac OS X out of the box. *Those* fonts, though,
don't have this problem.

Ah well.

Will