[XeTeX] selecting feature in Devanagari MT with fontspec

Yves Codet ycodet at club-internet.fr
Mon Aug 8 10:37:19 CEST 2005

Le 8 août 05, à 09:57, Will Robertson a écrit :

> Otherwise, you need to explicitly mark up which parts of your text is
> to use Latin letters, and which parts use Sanskrit letters.

It's precisely what I intended to do, but maybe I was doing it the
wrong way. I thought that \setromanfont would call a certain font
unless another one is specified, hence the \dev command to mark up what
should be in Devanagari (and also to apply Sanskrit hyphenation
patterns); so:

... Latin text (supposed -by me:)- to be in the font specified by
\setromanfont)... \dev{Sanskrit text}... Latin text...

Best wishes,

Yves