[XeTeX] Zapfino not working in 10.3.9 w/ XeTeX 0.94a?

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Fri Apr 29 19:54:04 CEST 2005

On 29 Apr 2005, at 5:58 pm, William F. Adams wrote:

> I've just gotten around to downloading and updating (spurred on by the
> new TeXShop 1.37) and have characters crashing on top of one another
> --- anyone else having such difficulties? I sent a sample and the log
> file to JK already.

Will,

I notice in your .log that there are warnings indicating that the
"Stylistic Variants" features aren't recognized. On my PowerBook
(running 10.3.8 still, with Zapfino 4.1d6) these work. So it looks as
though you have a significantly different version of Zapfino, either
installed by the 10.3.9 update or from some other source.

That in itself doesn't explain the horrendous spacing problems, but
it's an interesting point to look into....