[XeTeX] tabular troubles

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Tue Apr 12 15:09:21 CEST 2005

On 12 Apr 2005, at 12:28 pm, Jonas Wellendorf wrote:

> This one is fairly basic, I presume: How do I insert at table with the
> font specified by fontspec? I have tried to do as in the example below
> but the table is typeset with the wrong font. I can do the tables with
> the tabbing-environment instead, but I have the same problem with
> linguex.sty  which I will be using a lot.

\fontspec just sets the current font; it may get reset at various
times, such as by the {table} environment. (You could re-issue the
\fontspec command within the table environment, but obviously that's
not the kind of answer you're looking for.)

For a "global" setting that changes LaTeX's idea of the default font,
you should be using \setromanfont instead.

HTH,