[XeTeX] Sanskrit hyphenation

Yves Codet ycodet at club-internet.fr
Tue Apr 5 17:56:19 CEST 2005

Le 5 avr. 05, à 17:06, Jonathan Kew a écrit :

> That's odd, I would have expected it to read UTF-16 OK. You could try
> copying and pasting some text, just to test the font.

WorldText seemed to read bytes, not characters. If I paste it's
alright, but there's no reordering of "two-part dependent vowel signs"
(U+0D4A to 0D4C); the rest looks fine. What is weird is that characters
U+0D46 to 0D48 (which behave like Nagari  ि  ) are reordered.

I think such signs occur in South-Asian scripts. Maybe Maurice could
tell us if he had the same problem with other text editors than iWork.

Kind regards,

Yves