[XeTeX] Sanskrit hyphenation

Yves Codet ycodet at club-internet.fr
Tue Apr 5 17:00:23 CEST 2005

Le 5 avr. 05, à 10:09, Jonathan Kew a écrit :

> That seems surprising; I'd have expected it to work. Have you asked
> XenoType about this?

Not yet but I'll inform them after a few days, hoping I shan't notice
any other lack of "advanced features".

> What about in WorldText (installed along with the dev tools, in
> /Developer/Applications/Utilities/Built Examples) -- how does it
> behave there?

WorldText couldn't read my file; I had saved it in UTF-16 though (I
think it's the right encoding for WorldText).

> You'd need to use the \newfontfeature command to define a fontspec
> feature name and the corresponding "feature string" to use with this
> font; something like
> 	\newfontfeature{RRLigHoriz}{RR Ligature=Horizontal Ligature}
> (from memory; check the fontspec docs), then you can use the name
> RRLigHoriz to enable that option.

Oh! thanks. I hadn't  understood that this command is to teach
Fontspec. I couldn't see any difference between the two options. When
my test file is longer, maybe I'll notice one.

Kind regards,

Yves