[XeTeX] Interaction between utf8accents.sty and babel's german.ldf

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Tue Sep 21 16:49:59 CEST 2004

On 21 Sep 2004, at 3:28 pm, Bruno Voisin wrote:

> Is this a better fix, still allowing hyphenation, or would it be
> better to alter utf8accents.sty instead, and how?

I suspect the utf8accents.sty definition of \ss expands to \char"00DF.
This should have \relax added at the end, to prevent \char consuming an
optional following space when it scans the number (standard TeX
number-scanning behavior).

If I'm guessing right, then I think Ross has fixed these issues in his
latest version (perhaps not posted yet).

HTH,

Jonathan