[XeTeX] Typographic consistency (was: CJK and ideographic font names)

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Thu Sep 16 01:01:44 CEST 2004

On 15 Sep 2004, at 11:32 pm, Ross Moore wrote:

> In fact "Hoefler Text" seems to have *only* oldstyle numerals,

The version I have offers both regular and oldstyle, with the feature
named "Number Case". The setting name for non-oldstyle varies depending
on the specific face--Regular requires "Number Case=Upper Case
Numbers", while Italic wants "Number Case=Uppercase Numbers"!

> Also, there should be a way to get rid of that  /o problem,
> using a font specification. But I cannot find the right one.

That one has me puzzled, for now....the "/o" ligature forms in XeTeX,
but not in TextEdit, and I can't see how to control it. Ugh. I suspect
it's an AAT table bug of some kind (the feature/selector names are all
a bit of a mess), but tracking it down is going to be painful.