[XeTeX] Character alternatives

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Tue Sep 14 13:04:46 CEST 2004

On 14 Sep 2004, at 4:52 am, Musa Furber wrote:

> Is there an easy mechanism for accessing the various alternatives for
> a given character, such as what you can do for some fonts at the
> bottom of the Typography dialog?

No, sorry; it's not clear to me how one could approach that. I assume
the popups in the Typography palette are derived from a 'Zapf' table in
the fonts, but it's hard to envision a workable TeX-source-level way to
specify such choices, in the absence of some kind of meaningful naming
of the variants.