[XeTeX] Size of JPEG graphics

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Wed Sep 8 18:18:49 CEST 2004

Le 8 sept. 04, à 17:09, Jonathan Kew a écrit :

> A little experimentation with resizing a JPEG in Photoshop seems to
> show that XeTeX measures the JPEG as if it were a 72dpi image in all
> cases, whereas pdfTeX pays proper attention to the resolution of the
> image. I consider this a XeTeX bug and will look into fixing it.

That makes sense: the problem does not show up with xetex.jpg (from
XeTeX Samples) which is 72dpi, but becomes visible with the JPEG file
created by Illustrator which is 300dpi.

> BTW, does the same problem occur if the image is in a different format
> such as TIFF, PNG, BMP, etc.?

I just checked with 300dpi TIFF and BMP (my Illustrator 10 does not
know PNG): the size of the output is the same as with JPEG.

Bruno