[XeTeX] Typeblock moved?

Robert Voogdgeert rvoogdgeert at kabelfoon.nl
Tue Sep 7 14:08:07 CEST 2004

Op 7-sep-04 om 10:55 heeft Jonathan Kew het volgende geschreven:

> What happens with "xelatex -papersize=b5 test.tex"?

In that case they are moved to the bottom-right corner so much, that
the typeblock of the even pages is placed almost at the edge of the
paper.

But, I've found out what probably causes the problem. When changing the
option b5paper into b5 everything goes well. It seems that the xdv
driver can handle xn but not xnpaper.
And, talking of dvi drivers, could it be that the problem is caused by
the fact that dvi places the reference point one inch down and to the
right of the upper-left corner, because this is more or less what the
typeblock shifted with the b5paper option.
I've run testpage.tex both through dvi and through xdv, but then both
typeblocks look fine.
Trying to tweak thing with \voffset=1in and \hoffset=1in was a good
starting point, as it indeed moved the typeblock more into the right
direction. After some trial and error I gave up ... as my supervisor
was on my door, asking whether the prints of some chapters (with
beautiful Hebrew thanks too XeLaTeX!) would be on his desk today...

I hope this is of any help.

Regards,
Robert.