[XeTeX] unexpected DVI command: -1

Robert Voogdgeert rvoogdgeert at kabelfoon.nl
Fri Sep 3 12:17:13 CEST 2004

Op 3-sep-04 om 9:34 heeft Jonathan Kew het volgende geschreven:

> What version/build of Mac OS X are you running, and what type of Mac?
> I've seen this occasionally under pre-release versions of OS X
> updates, but I don't think I've ever seen it on a final release
> version. Does it happen with one particular document, or all
> documents? Can you try it on another machine?

Jonathan,

I'm working on a Powerbook G4 550Mhz running MacOS 10.3.5. Typesetting
on another (newer) powerbook G4 resulted in more or less the same
message:

*** bad XDV file: DVI_PRE not found, b=-1
Segmentation fault

So probably the file itself is the problem. I could mail the source
file to you if you want to try and locate the cause of it all. I can't
make a minimal example of it though, as I don't know what the problem
is. I prefer to mail it to another address though, as it contains the
first 100 or so pages of my dissertation.

Regards,
Robert.