[XeTeX] Accessing Apple symbols

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Tue Oct 26 13:03:00 CEST 2004

Le 26 oct. 04, à 12:16, christopher ciotti a écrit :

> In one of the sample XeTeX docs, there is a definition for using
> symbols in the "Apple symbols" font which seems straightforward enough
> though it didn't work in my case.  When I look at the font file in
> pfaedit, the symbol I need (open apple) is labeled: 0x1100c1.  How
> would I go about accessing this with XeTeX?  Is it possible?  Thanks
> in advance.

As these symbols do not have Unicode code points, it seems you cannot
use ^^^^ or \char". You may try \XeTeXglyph, namely \XeTeXglyph1108 for
the empty apple and \XeTeXglyph1110 for the full apple. The numbers
(GID, for Glyph ID) are those returned by the Character Palette
(activated in System Prefs/International/Input Menu, accessed from the
International menu in the menu bar). The numbers are revealed by
selecting Glyph as the display, Apple Symbols as the font, then
clicking on the required symbol; after some time a small yellow
rectangle appears under the pointer, showing the glyph ID (and the
Unicode code point, if any).

Hope this works for you,

Bruno  Voisin