[XeTeX] pdfauthor, pdftitle etc. in XeTeX

Dirk-Jan Dekker lists at djdekker.net
Wed Oct 20 14:18:04 CEST 2004

Hi XeTeX users,

In my LaTeX documents I used to define the author and title of the
resulting .pdf document with a command from the hyperref package:
\hypersetup{pdfauthor=AUTHOR, pdftitle=TITLE}.

Unfortunately this does not work in XeTeX, presumably because xdv2pdf
does not know about pdfauthor, pdfsubject and the like. On the other
hand, XeTeX automatically inserts rather ugly pdftitles like "XeTeX
output 2004.09.23:1519".

So what I'd like to know is: is there a way to define pdfauthor and
pdfsubject yourself when working with XeTeX? Of course, *after*
compilation these data can be entered in the .pdf document with, for
example, Adobe Acrobat. But can it be done in the .tex source?

Greetings,
Dirk-Jan