[XeTeX] fontspec v1.1

Will Robertson will at guerilla.net.au
Mon Oct 18 05:31:23 CEST 2004

Hi all

Now that the week is starting, I thought I'd upload my recent efforts
in my font package for XeLaTeX. Due to William F Adams revelation that
my original name was taken, I've changed it to "fontspec", which I like
perhaps even better than the original.

Recap. What does it do?
    \fontspec[Ligatures=RareLigatures,
       NumberCase=OldStyle,
       VerticalPosition=Ordinal]{Hoefler Text}
allows you, for example, to select Hoefler Text in all weights/shapes
in the familiar NFSS way, with a consistent interface across fonts to
all of the common features. This package is all you need to select
arbitrary fonts.

So, what's new?
I've included three new commands for selecting default roman, sans
serif, and typewriter fonts (\setromanfont, \setsansfont, \setmonofont)
which take the same arguments as the newly--moniker-ed \fontspec
command.

I've also started documenting the code, so it's all available now as a
dtx/ins pair. (The .sty file and the .pdf are also available directly.)
This means the documentation of the package features is also a lot
better.

You can get it from the usual place:
<http://www.mecheng.adelaide.edu.au/~will/tex/>

Comments and suggestions (and criticisms!) are always welcome.