[XeTeX] Adobe Type Classics fd files

Jan Eden lists at janeden.org
Sat Oct 16 11:03:47 CEST 2004

Hi Jon,

Jon Breitenbucher wrote on 15.10.2004:

>On Oct 15, 2004, at 5:42 PM, Jan Eden wrote:

>>LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `OSX/cmr/m/n' undefined (Font)
>>       using `OSX/cmr/m/n' instead on input line 95.
>>
>>! Corrupted NFSS tables. wrong at fontshape ...message {Corrupted NFSS
>>tables} error at fontshape else let f... l.95
>>\fontencoding\encodingdefault\selectfont

>Does the document still typeset with the correct font? Can you send
>me, off list, a copy of a file which produces the error? It seems
>like you do not have the cm fd files which Will created. Have you
>downloaded the newly named typespec package Will created? It can be
>found at <http://www.mecheng.adelaide.edu.au/~will/tex/> and I think
>it includes osxcmr.fd, which is what I think you are missing.

It did. Copying Will's fd files to ~/texmf/tex/xetex eliminated the error. Thanks Will and Jon for the nice packages.

>And if you liked the last signature, how about this one?
>statement, what is the following:
>
>Eleven plus two = Twelve plus one?

Depends on the meaning of "=". :)

Calling this a true statement is an illustration of our former chancellor's saying: Only the result matters.

- Jan
--
The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck is the day they start selling vacuum cleaners.