[XeTeX] Adobe Type Classics fd files

Jan Eden lists at janeden.org
Fri Oct 15 23:42:54 CEST 2004

Hi Jon,

Jon Breitenbucher wrote on 13.10.2004:

>All,
>
>I have cleaned up and updated the fd files for the more useful fonts in
>the Adobe Type Classics collection they can be accessed at
><http://jbreitenbuch.wooster.edu/~jonb/adobetypeclassics.zip>. I know
>that some of the features of XeTeX have made some of these files
>unnecessary, but there are many fonts which have a huge number of
>features that the fd files allow you to access. Enjoy.

I do. Thank you. But I always get the following error after placing adobetypeclassics along with osxenc.def in my ~/texmf/tex/xetex dir:

LaTeX Font Warning: Font shape `OSX/cmr/m/n' undefined
(Font)              using `OSX/cmr/m/n' instead on input line 95.

! Corrupted NFSS tables.
wrong at fontshape ...message {Corrupted NFSS tables}
                                                  error at fontshape else let f...
l.95 \fontencoding\encodingdefault\selectfont

What am I doing wrong?

- Jan

>A linguist would be shocked to learn that if a set is not closed this
>does not mean that it is open, or again that "E is dense in E" does not
>mean the same thing as "E is dense in itself".  (J. E. Littlewood)

 Some linguists are just mathematicians in disguise. ;-)

"E is dense in E" constitutes a violation of binding principle C if and only if variable E refers to the same entity in both cases.

In the second sentence, the anaphor "itself" has to be bound according to binding principle A.

Nothing shocking here, not even for a linguist.
--
How many Microsoft engineers does it take to screw in a lightbulb? None. They just redefine "dark" as the new standard.