[XeTeX] Re: XeTeX Digest, Vol 7, Issue 30

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Wed Oct 13 21:55:10 CEST 2004

On 13 Oct 2004, at 8:34 pm, Simon Spiegel wrote:

> On 13.10.2004, at 21:20, xetex-request at tug.org wrote:
>
>> Looks like the format creation is now working (so it's no longer
>> finding an old xetex.pool). So what error are you now getting when you
>> try to compile a document? If you're still getting "Fatal format file
>> error", then you must still have an old xelatex.xfmt lurking somewhere
>> (probably in your personal texmf tree), and that's being found before
>> the newly-created one.
>>
>> Jonathan
>
> That finally did the trick, it works now. Thank you for your patience.
>
> Simon

Glad to hear it's working! Sorry about the frustration.

I'm not entirely sure why the old .pool and .xfmt files were under the
personal (rather than tetex.local) file tree; perhaps interaction with
an earlier Fink setup. If everything is in its "standard" place as
installed by the TeX and XeTeX i-Packages, then the old files should
automatically get replaced during installation, but in your case they
were elsewhere and therefore they survived--to cause confusion.

Let's hope the next update you dare to try goes more smoothly!

Jonathan