[XeTeX] XeTeX 0.88 released

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Wed Oct 13 10:23:54 CEST 2004

On 13 Oct 2004, at 3:36 am, Will Robertson wrote:

> On 13 Oct 2004, at 12:49 AM, Jonathan Kew wrote:
>> • enhanced \font command to recognize /B /I /BI modifiers after the
>> font name
>>   - see LaTeX-font-access.ltx and osxfonts.sty in the Sample Files
>> archive
>
> Amazing.
> From this point in time, .fd files no longer need to be written for
> all basic fonts.
> I'm (slowly) working on a solution to being able to incorporate and
> switch between other fancy things (upper and lower case, monospaced
> and proportional numbers, superiors and inferiors, etc as well as
> swashes and alternates) as well, but nothing at all working robustly
> yet.
>
> Jonathan, you've preempted my first milestone :)

Sorry!!! (Well, not very!) ;-)

That's why I mentioned this a few days ago--didn't want people to do
lots of tedious .fd-writing that isn't really needed. You LaTeX experts
still get to make all the more interesting decisions about organizing
and naming richer font families, and write those supporting files; I
just wanted to simplify the basics.

Enjoy,

Jonathan