[XeTeX] Re: version 0.88

Yves Codet ycodet at club-internet.fr
Wed Oct 13 10:24:46 CEST 2004

Le 13 oct. 04, à 01:20, Simon Spiegel a écrit :

> I'm not only unable to install version 0.88 from the disc image, but I
> get a broken installation when doing it with the i-installer. After
> this installation I get the following:
>
> This is XeTeXk, Version 3.14159-2.1-0.88 (Web2C 7.5.2)
>  %&-line parsing enabled.
> (Fatal format file error; I'm stymied)

I have the same result. It seems that formats have been deleted without
being replaced (kpsewhich doesn't find any).

I compiled them myself and could see that there are no misplaced marks
anymore in a (fairly long) file using "Sanskrit 2003". Also Manchu
looks much better with medial and final shapes of letters.

I have another small difficulty. I have been testing Sanskrit
hyphenation patterns for a few months. So far they worked well. Since
version 0.871 they don't seem to be used by XeTeX. They are loaded when
I compile a format and typeset a file but words aren't hyphenated
anymore. I'm using them exactly the same way as before (I think). What
could have happened?

Kind regards,

Yves