[XeTeX] Some problems with hyphenation and -recorder options

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Wed Oct 13 10:00:02 CEST 2004

On 12 Oct 2004, at 10:40 pm, Gilles Pérez-Lambert wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 19:42:55 +0100, Jonathan Kew
> <jonathan_kew at sil.org> wrote:
>> This still means there's a bug; but the bug I'm seeing isn't the same
>> as the bug you're seeing! I wonder why....something about your LaTeX
>> language settings that alter hyphenation behavior, perhaps? Any ideas?
>
> None so far. I reduced the language hyph. patterns to English. You'll
> find in my iDisk public folder (gpl) the following files:
>
> Hyphen.aux
> Hyphen.fls
> Hyphen.log
> Hyphen.pdf
> Hyphen.tex
>
> I used the -recorder web2c option + latex \listfiles for you to
> compare with your system. Strange.
>
> One thing: I use TeX Live 2003.

OK, I see why we get different results. Your LaTeX version is newer
than mine (I just use i-Installer, and accept whatever it gives
me....as I don't use LaTeX myself anyway). I can reproduce your results
by adding
	\lccode`\-=`\-
before the sample text. And I assume you'd be able to reproduce my
(also-incorrect) results by adding
	\lccode`\-=0
to your file.

Anyway, this is clearly a XeTeX bug, whichever form it appears in; I'll
try to get it fixed soon. Thanks for the report!

Jonathan