[XeTeX] XeTeX 0.88 released

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Tue Oct 12 17:19:52 CEST 2004

I've posted a new version of XeTeX for people to try: there's an Apple
Installer package on the XeTeX site at

	http://scripts.sil.org/xetex

and also an i-Installer package.

This version includes several features and bug-fixes that have been
requested:

• enhanced \font command to recognize /B /I /BI modifiers after the
font name
   - see LaTeX-font-access.ltx and osxfonts.sty in the Sample Files
archive

• initial implementation of OpenType Mongolian shaping for Code2000
font (script=mong)
   - there's a sample file demonstrating this too

• "font mapping" support based on TECkit Unicode mapping files (.tec);
see http://scripts.sil.org/teckit

• enhanced PDF bookmark support to work with ConTeXt as well as LaTeX
hyperref

• added support for dimension units (in, cm, mm, pt, pc, bp, dd, cc)
when specifying paper size

• corrected dimensions of B-series paper sizes, added C-series
(envelopes) for completeness

• fixed OpenType bug affecting placement of marks in Sanskrit 2003 font
at certain sizes

• fixed bug where OpenType ligatures could be disrupted by automatic
hyphenation

• fixed non-functional \write18 (-shell-escape option)

I'll try to put together some more examples and documentation of the
new features, especially font access and font mappings, but I need to
catch up on some "real work" too so it may be a few days yet.

Jonathan