[XeTeX] Trouble with ``''

christopher ciotti chris_ciotti at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 5 12:57:46 CEST 2004

On Oct 4, 2004, at 8:31 PM, Will Robertson wrote:

> Unfortunately the familiar TeX ligatures are properties of the font
> itself. This may change in the future, but for now you need to enter
> the characters manually or with a find/replace script. ( OPT-[ and
> OPT-SHIFT-[ for “ and ” respectively )
>
> Note that Hoefler Text will try and do the right thing if you just use
> the plain quote characters instead, but that won't work in some
> circumstances.
>
> Will

Hi Will -

Thanks for the info but still not working here.  Actually, it doesn't
seem to matter if I use Hoefler Text or the default CM, I lose the 'T'
in This in the resulting document.   Could my install be missing
something important?  I'm using TeXShop if it matters.  Thanks.

\documentclass[11pt, letterpaper]{article}
\%usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
%\usepackage{HoeflerText}
\title{\jobname}
\author{Kermit The Frog}