[XeTeX] Simple questions

Daniel Muller opus.dev at bluewin.ch
Mon Oct 4 22:34:14 CEST 2004

Hi all,

I'm a newbie with XeTex and LaTex too. I'll have to produce PDF files
of Tibetan medical texts (already typed) first in Roman
transliteration and then in Tibetan (using Unicode converter).

I've 2 questions:

- How to make paragraph height constant? I have to produce the same
pagination like the original book: I add page breaks and I'd like to
get for each paragraph the same height even when the paragraph is too
long and takes 2 lines
==> 1 Tibetan line of the book = 1 paragraph in Roman trans. = 1 or 2
lines in new book

- What Tibetan font(s) do you advice me to use with XeTex? I tried
the Tibetan font included in Apple Chinese fonts but stacked
characters are not rendered correctly. XenoType font is OK
(http://www.xenotypetech.com/osxTibetan.html).

Thanks in advance for any advice and suggestions.

Daniel