[XeTeX] Problems with B5paper (still...)

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Mon Oct 4 20:57:45 CEST 2004

On 4 Oct 2004, at 6:41 pm, Stephen Moye wrote:

> Actually, this raises a question that I have wondered about
> previously. Would it be possible to alter the papersize option with
> something that could work like this (for B5 for instance):
>
> -papersize=176mm,250mm
>
> Dimensions with no units could be assumed to be in bp.

It would be possible; indeed, it might even happen. :-)

For the particular case of B5, though, is there some reason why
-papersize=b5 is inadequate? I forget the details of the original
query, offhand.

AARRGGHH! There is a very good reason why it won't work as desired.
Having written the above, I just checked the xdv2pdf source and have
realized that the sizes it's using are not the correct ISO 216 'B'
sizes, but those from the Japanese JIS P 0138-61 standard, which are
different. I don't remember now where I originally found the paper size
data, but clearly I accidentally found a Japanese source and didn't
realize there were two different 'B' series.

I'll fix this shortly. Apologies to all for the error!