[XeTeX] XeTeX and Classical Mongolian

Jonathan Kew jonathan_kew at sil.org
Mon Oct 4 17:13:33 CEST 2004

On 4 Oct 2004, at 3:58 pm, Thomas T. Pedersen wrote:

> For those of you interested, the script should actually be vertical
> which makes it quite a challenge for any display/rendering engine.
>
> Using Code2000, this is what the sample text should look like, though
> it should be rotated 90 degrees clockwise:

With XeTeX (if we had Mongolian shaping) you could wrap an entire page
(or other "chunk") of text with
	\special{x:gsave}
	\special{x:rotate -90}
	\special{x:grestore}
so as to orient it properly on the page.

I'll keep Mongolian in mind but can't promise that I'll have time to
work on the necessary shaping support any time soon; I'd love to
support it but "real work" has to get done sometimes!