[XeTeX] "Hoefler Text" XeLaTeX interface

Bruno Voisin bvoisin at mac.com
Mon Oct 4 11:15:00 CEST 2004

Le 4 oct. 04, à 11:00, Will Robertson a écrit :

> I have put together the first version of an XeLaTeX package which
> provides an easy interface to the rich Mac OS X font Hoefler Text. No
> more messing with \DeclareFontShape madness!

Hi Will,

Great work. I don't have time to test, unfortunately, but it looks like
it will make the font selection experience much simpler than my
time-consuming manual font declarations.

I wonder whether it's similar to what Jonathan had in mind when
writing, on the OS X TeX list:

> Le 3 oct. 04, à 11:00, Jonathan Kew a écrit :
>
>> What (some) people want, I think, is a XeLaTeX command such as:
>>
>>     \NewFontFamily{hoefler}{"Hoefler Text"}
>>
>> that will automagically do the equivalent of Bruno's .fd
>> declarations. This is inherently difficult because of the wide
>> variation in the selection of styles and features available in
>> different font families, and the inconsistent organization and naming
>> of those that exist. I have a couple of ideas of how we might make
>> some progress, but there are limits to how far we can go, given the
>> creative freedom that font designers have.

Or was it some kind of adaptation of fontinst to AAT/OpenType and
XeLaTeX?

Bruno