[XeTeX] New LaTeX encoding for XeTeX

Will Robertson will at guerilla.net.au
Mon Oct 4 03:31:05 CEST 2004

Hi all

Following up from thoughts I had last night about font selection, I
have put together some files to demonstrate how new font selection can
be made as backwards compatible as possible (as I see it), while still
remaining in the spirit of the LaTeX font selection scheme.

Put the attached bundle of files in a place XeTeX will find it, and try
the following minimal document to get a feel for what it does.

I'd like some comments; is what I've done overkill? I mean, so far
we've just been using the U encoding, but considering we are basing it
around something (XeTeX's hooks into Mac OS X), it seems sensible to
define it all properly.

Anyway, check it out - what do you think?

Regards,
Will

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage[OSX]{fontenc}